We are now accepting applications for full-time Farm Crew members to start in April or May 2018.
New Farm Crew member will start April or May 2018 and must be able to continue at least through November 2018. New hires will earn $12/hour, bonuses based on performance, and “all-you-can-eat” farm veggies. Farm experience is not necessary, but applicants must have some outdoor work or volunteer experience. Two Farmers Farm has a safe, supportive, and well-organized work environment. Women, minorities and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Outdoor work or volunteer experience such as landscaping, trail work, outdoor science/lab work, outdoor contracting, outdoor leadership guide etc.
- Farming experience is not required. Applicants with farming experience must be prepared to re-learn skills in order to conform with the specific expectations at Two Farmers Farm.
- Interest in being a long-term part of our team, in either a seasonal or year-round capacity. E.g. This is not the right position for someone who would like a short-term gig while establishing their own farm.
- Excellent references.
- Ability to accommodate the seasonal schedule, outlined in the Farm Crew Handbook.
- Proactive communication style.
- Ability to work well in groups and independently.
- Attention to detail, ability to think ahead.
- Positive attitude, agreeable disposition.
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to receive corrections constructively.
- Belief in a local food system and Organic practices.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record.
- Ability to lift, and walk a short distance with, 50lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work some Saturday shifts.
- Ability to attend in-person interviews on the farm.
Duties: Farm Crew members are skilled workers who carry real responsibility and are actively engaged in improving the farm. Duties include:
- Working alongside Kelsey and Dominic, participating at in most aspects of sowing, planting, growing, harvesting, and packing produce.
- Day-to-day farm upkeep such as record-keeping, mowing, crate washing, and handling OMRI-approved substances.
- Some crew members deliver to wholesale accounts.
- Some crew members directly assist Kelsey and Dominic with farm management such as food safety monitoring, irrigation, greenhouse management, etc.
- All crew members are expected to work some Saturday farmers’ market shifts; some crew members may be schedueld to work every Saturday.
- Harvesting is a top priority for the farm crew. We harvest vegetables on most days, with Tuesdays and Fridays being the busiest days as we prep for our farmers’ markets and wholesale deliveries. Nearly all of this work is done by hand.
Schedule: We strive to maintain a reasonable and consistent work schedule. During the season, this is typically 45 hours/week Mon-Fri or Tue-Sat; hours lessen in the winter. Please review the handbook for current schedule.
- Paid hourly, $12/hour to start.
- Seasonal performance bonus(es) awarded as earned.
- Housing is not provided.
- Free, excess produce is almost always available to crew members.
- Pay raises and additional benefits are offered to our dedicated, long-term employees.
Please review our Farm Crew Handbook for more details.
To apply, complete the online application.
To complete the application, you will need to have prepared a letter of interest, resume and list of references:
- Your “letter of interest” should be about 1-3 paragraphs and include (1) a brief introduction to yourself, (2) specific reasons why you are interested in working at Two Farmers Farm, and (3) the qualities or skills you have that you make your good at this job.
- Your resume should include complete employment history for at least the last 5 years. For each job, provide (1) job title, (2) dates of work, (3) employer, (4) your responsibilities. Also briefly include the school from which you last graduated (or that you currently attend), if applicable. Please list (1) the school, (2) your degree, (3) graduation date/anticipated graduation date, and (4) major (if any). You can also list past education & employment if you think it’s relevant.
- References should include three current or former supervisors such as managers or bosses. Professors/teachers are fine references if you have recently been in school. For each reference, please list (1) name, (2) their position & relationship to you, (3) organization, if applicable, (4) phone number and/or email address. You may include this information at the end of your resume, or submit it separately.
If we like what we find in your application, we will schedule an in-person “sit down” interview with you at the farm. This interview typically takes 30-60 minutes. After that, we will check your references. The best candidates will then be offered on-farm working interviews that will last 1.5-2 hours. All candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we may not be able to return all phone calls. We do our best to return all emails.
We look forward to hearing from you!